Wednesday, 28 January 2009

The appointment of Paul Stephenson- There goes my tenner!

The BBC is reporting that Paul Stephenson is to be appointed as the next Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police. The choice was between him and PSNI chief Hugh Orde. There had been suggestions that Stephenson would be rejected due to his associations with the Ian Blair reign, which included the terrible killing of Jean Charles de Menezes. However, it now seems that this didn't matter and he'll get the top job.

The news comes as a particular disappointment to myself. I'd put £10 on Orde to get the job months ago at generous odds of 8/1- this was before he was considered a serious contender. It seems that I wasn't far off the mark, but as they say 'a miss is as good as a mile', the result being that Paddy Power's bank account is now a tenner heavier thanks to my stake.

Oh well. I'll just have to think of some other way to get rich...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You see Gary gambling is a fools game!